King: Corrie-Anne, there are some humans lurking around on our island. I want you to go to them and learn everything about them.
Corrie-Anne: Do I have to? I mean, I was found by your people when I was a baby and I grew up here. I don’t want to go there and then find out that I myself was a human and be forced to decide whether I should stay with them or come back home.
King: Do as you’re told, girl!
Corrie-Anne: Yes, sir.
(she spends 6 months in Los Angeles, California and then returns home)
King: Corrie-Anne? (she shows up wearing a white short-sleeved shirt, a pair of pink shorts, and a pair of sandals)
Corrie-Anne: Hey wassup dudes? Y’all won’t believe where I’ve been! I went down to LA and ate it all up! Man, it was SWEET!!
Hana: What did you do to her?
Roz: She went out a kid and now she’s back talking street! Damn humans!
Corrie-Anne: (to Roz) How you doin’?
King: Oh, why did I send her to stay among humans?
The end…or is it?
- Corrie J. (danielleberkel.wordpress.com)
- Review: Traces of Absence by Susan Holoubek (writenotereviews.wordpress.com)
- Declaring the Glory of God (train4life.typepad.com)
- Children’s Literature and Language Development (jodi23.wordpress.com)
- In Which our Heroine Educates Herself (sjohart.wordpress.com)
- Literature for almost adults (rebopress.com)
- Children’s Literature? (georgialoone.wordpress.com)
- It’s Raining Cats and Kutings! (xoxocriseldalovestowrite.wordpress.com)