He thought that if he Googled “Life in the 1990’s“, he would be able to understand why most people on the Internet wanted the 1990’s to return. He was bombarded with images and Facebook posts that shouted “BRING BACK THE 1990s“, as if life in 2014 wasn’t even worth living.
So he went to Google and typed in “life in the 1990’s“, hoping to understand what everyone was talking about.
Yet what he got was far more than that; in fact, he saw images that shocked and horrified him. Those images were of missing and dead children, an unfaithful president, buildings that were bombed, people shot and killed, and to make things worse, crappy cartoons that would not be on TV nowadays.
In short, he found out the hard way that the 1990’s wasn’t all that great, not if the bad things that happened during the 1990s outweighed the good things.
- Tales From 1990/91: O’Leary Won’t Be Allowed To Leave (aclfarsenal.co.uk)
- Beverly Hills 90210 Fashion: Revisit 90s Style (thefashionisto.com)
- ‘The Juniper Tree’: A twenty-year-old Björk stars in dark fairy tale of magic and witchcraft (dangerousminds.net)
- The Grunge Comeback (veromodame.com)
- Kenan and Kel Reunite for Good Burger Sketch on The Tonight Show – I’ll take the nostalgia burger. Supersize it. (themarysue.com)
- Nostalgia Quiz: Museum Of Childhood Takes You Back To The 70s, 80s And 90s (londonist.com)
- Resist Nostalgia to Improve Your Outlook For the Future (acenewsdesk.wordpress.com)
- Jimmy Fallon is a ’90s Nostalgia-Pushing Wizard (fishwrapper.com)
- Reliving the ’90s With the Decade’s Stars (nytimes.com)