(paranormal version of my YA thriller!)
“I don’t like this,” said Irene as the group gathered at the Harrison Creek Cemetery one night. It wasn’t Halloween, but it was close. The kids were sure that something strange was going on. “Why are we meeting here?”
“I don’t know,” said Stuart, “but I know she’s here. We just need to find her grave.”
Just then, a ghost appeared; it was the ghost of Tanya Shinnok, their best friend. She had been killed over the past summer and was found at the famed Green Hill Manor. Since her funeral, the ghosts of many young children who were kidnapped and murdered haunted the city of Harrison Creek.
“Hey guys,” said Tanya as she sat on her tombstone. “Wassup?”
“Tanya?” Mara cried out.
“In a matter of speaking,” said Tanya. “Nice night, isn’t it?”
“Yeah, if we’re not at a cemetery being haunted by the ghost of our dead best friend,” said Stuart. “By the way, we’re sorry for not coming after you.”
“That’s OK,” said Tanya. “I’ve been doing great. In fact, I met your other friends Tansy and Lavinia. They’re not that bad once you get to know them.”
“Yeah, but you’re all dead,” said Pearl.
“I know, right?” said Tanya. “But don’t worry; I’ll be haunting Mrs. Schindler and Mrs. Brezetta for the rest of their lives!”
“But why Mrs. Brezetta?” said Irene.
“I thought she was nice,” said Mara.
“I thought so too, until she killed me, Tansy, Lavinia, Jan, and several other girls because they got too close to her children,” said Tanya. “But not to worry, as I can still get revenge.”
Mara, Stuart, Irene, and Pearl shuddered, knowing that there was no way Tanya would be able to rest in peace until the woman who killed her was dead.
- Halloween 2015 (halloweenstoriesandart.blogspot.com)
- 10 Notable Paranormal Researchers From History (listverse.com)
- Paranormal Love Wednesdays: Princess of the Light #ASMSG #IARTG #PNR (princessofthelight.wordpress.com)
- Everyone Thought She Was Pulling Their Leg. Then She Showed Them THIS And It Sent Them Screaming… (americanoverlook.com)
- Night of the Ghost Dance (legendsofwindemere.com)
- Haiku – Haunted (altheauthor.wordpress.com)
- 10 Eerie Ghost Stories (lewrockwell.com)
- Why is the Holy Spirit sometimes called the Holy Ghost? (steppingtoes.wordpress.com)
- Ghosting (theweightofmyworld.com)