Not when she could run faster than him.
She ran and ran until she reached the old house down the lane. The that everyone in the school claimed was haunted. No one had lived in that house for many years.
Haunted or no, the house seemed to be a safe place for Melanie to run to. So she ran up the stairs, heading straight for the parlor. But before she got to the parlor, another set of stairs appeared in front of her. Those stairs led to the attic.
Melanie screamed as a strange creature pulled her by her hair and dragged her up the stairs to the attic; she had laughed at her classmates when they told her that the house was haunted, but she shouldn’t have run into the house. Not if there was a monster in it.
The monster shoved her into a corner, where there was a collection of dolls. The dolls appeared to have smiles on their faces, as if they too were the monster’s victims. Melanie knew that becoming part of the monster’s doll collection was her punishment for running into the old house.
Before she knew it, she was another set of eyes in a dusty attic, waiting for the stairs to creak.
- A look into why the horrifying is so very intriguing (psypost.org)
- ‘Fear The Walking Dead’ Spoilers: Madison And Travis Reunite In Episode 3, ‘The Dog’ [VIDEOS] (designntrend.com)
- Layers of Fear is a horror “Walking Simulator” that will ruin your pants (siliconangle.com)
- 11 fake languages that are super easy to learn (geek.com)
- 5 Horror Movies That Should Be Made Into TV Shows (And 3 That Shouldn’t) (io9.com)
- A History of Creepy Dolls (fauxrealtho.com)
- My Daughter’s ‘Imaginary Friend’ Turned Out To Be Something A Lot More Horrifying Than We First Thought (thoughtcatalog.com)
- Russian dolls (arnoldzwicky.org)