You think you know the story about Goldilocks and the Three Bears, but that’s not all there is to the story.
At the same time, the three bears left their home to go to market, with baby bear not behaving himself. Mama Bear was at her wits’ end and papa bear was the same. They wondered if they could send baby bear to school, maybe he wouldn’t cause so much trouble.
Goldilocks reached the house where the three bears and ran inside, hoping that the wolves wouldn’t find her. She was safe…for now.
She looked around the place and saw three bowls on the kitchen table. The first bowl was too hot and the second bowl was too cold, but the third bowl was just right, so she ate the porridge all up.
After eating, Goldilocks wanted to sit in the chairs. The first chair was too hard and the second chair was too soft. But when she sat in the third chair, it broke. (Baby Bear kicked over the chair during one of his tantrums.)
Shaking her head, Goldilocks was tired and wanted to go to bed. The first bed was too had and the second bed was too soft. But as soon as she found the third bed, she fell asleep.
When the bears got back home, they found out that someone had been in their house. Their food was eaten and the chairs were disturbed. But it was their beds that suffered the most.
“Well, this is interesting,” said Papa Bear as he noticed that someone was in Baby Bear’s bed.
“Interesting indeed,” said Mama Bear. “How did a human girl get into our house?”
Goldilocks woke up and saw the bears. She screamed as she curled up in a ball, crying out, “Don’t eat me!”
“Why would we want to eat you?” said Baby Bear. “Humans don’t taste very good.”
“And why are you here?” said Papa Bear.
“The wolves attacked my caravan and killed my family,” said Goldilocks. “They’re going to eat me too.”
“Not on our watch,” said Papa Bear. “Don’t worry, we’ll keep you safe.”
As this story goes, Goldilocks ended up staying with the three bears. The wolves came to the house several times asking for Goldilocks, but the bears chased them off every time. Goldilocks was happy that she got a new family to protect her from danger.
So the next time someone asks you if you know the story about Goldilocks and the Three Bears, you can tell them this one.
- Fairy Tale Friday- The Flux (chrissireads.wordpress.com)
- Fairy Tales Day 21 NaPoWriMo – Haiku (apoemandadrawingaday.wordpress.com)
- Disney Announces 9 New Live Action Fairy Tale Movies! (justjared.com)
- Disney Doubles Down on Live-Action Fairy Tale Movies with New Release Date Calendar (collider.com)
- Review: Be Your Own Fairy Tale by Alison Davies (mariellahunt.com)
- No Love Allowed – Book Review (ryanlanz.com)
- Flunked (Fairy Tale Reform School) by Jen Calonita @JenCalonita for $1.99! @JabberwockyKids #Kindle Kids Daily Deal! (randomizeme.net)
- Tale of Tales (pghcitypaper.com)