Three cousins prevented the September 11, 2001 attacks from happening. By doing that, they unknowingly changed the world as we know it.
She put you on this earth and loved you since the day of your birth.
She was there for you through good and bad times.
Now is the time to thank her for all she’s done for you.
Today we have lost a legend
His works have spanned decades
He brought joy to the world where ever he went
But today he is gone
But his legacy lives on
In the hearts and minds
Of people everywhere
In a time when a country was depressed
A young star rose from the depths
Her curly hair and infectious smile
Brought nothing but joy to the world.
But like all things, her cuteness didn’t last
Instead, she decided to take on the world
But the world will never forget
How she gave them joy in the face of great sadness
The world is now a duller place
Because she is no longer in it.
She will be missed everywhere.
- Photos: The late Shirley Temple (interactives.wane.com)
- 5 films in which Shirley Temple shined (star-telegram.com)
- Shirley Temple, Legendary Child Actress of 1930s Hollywood, Dies (voanews.com)
- AP PHOTOS: 10 things to know about Shirley Temple (usnews.com)
Here’s a tribute to a group of men
Who left their home in England
They came here and changed how we felt about music
It was the one thing we needed
After a tragedy nearly tore apart the entire nation
These men brought joy to the world with their music
Happy 50 years to the Beatles
May your music never be forgotten
- The Beatles 50 (thesoundstudio.wordpress.com)
- The Beatles’ 50th anniversary celebrations spring from DNA left in South Florida (miamiherald.com)
- Beatles Week: Celebrating 50 Years of Beatlemania (tdennis2011.wordpress.com)
- Across The Universe: The Beatles (jackholesrealm.wordpress.com)
- Beatles fan and music blogger recalls 1964 performance on ‘The Ed Sullivan Show’ (hispanicbusiness.com)
- Beyond the Fab Four The Beatles were a culture, not just a rock band (thenewstribune.com)
- The Beatles Plus Three Equals Great Music (jameswfarmer.wordpress.com)
They said it was the day that the music died
Three musicians were killed, many people cried
It was a tragedy for rock and roll
Three men used their music
To bring joy to the world
But now we’re still here and they are all musical ghosts
We’re now remembering them because of “American Pie”
Never in life will we forget them
And the music they made for us
- “The Day the Music Died” … (jimsthreedot.wordpress.com)
- The Day the Music Died was 55 Years Ago Today (dcmontreal.wordpress.com)
- Buddy Holly the doomed star whose mercurial genius underpins the history of rock ‘n’ roll (dancingledge.wordpress.com)
- Did you know? Today in 1959 was the the Day the Music Died.. (downinthegroovemusic.wordpress.com)
- A Dark and Stormy Day (twolfgcd.wordpress.com)
We want to say thank you to a man who paved the way
a man who taught us that we are all human
this man taught us that forgiveness is better than rioting
that forgiveness is much better than holding on to a grudge.
This man may now be gone, but his legacy lives on
reminding us that we have the power to exact the change that we want to see
We should give peace another chance and learn to get along
because someday, all hate will cease to be.
- Nelson Mandela (chiasblog.wordpress.com)
- Nelson Mandela (healthnutmumblog.wordpress.com)
- Nelson Mandela (beautifulcourageousyou.wordpress.com)
- Hommage to Nelson Mandela (jusiilove.com)
- Malawi – how Joyce Banda lives the Mandela legacy (ambulivictor.wordpress.com)
- Honoring Nelson Mandela (uicaacc.wordpress.com)
- Nelson Mandela (theordinarylifeofdean.wordpress.com)